Discuss the Importance of Collaborative Working to Promote person Centred Care.
Discuss the Importance of Collaborative Working to Promote person Centred Care. The expectation is that your will demonstrate what elements of person- centred care and collaborative working were demonstrated or should/ could have been demonstrated in your service user narrative.
• Although your narrative may be about your own profession and you should set the scene about collaboration in the first paragraphs. You will need to draw on the enablers and barriers to collaboration using your placement experiences and what you have learnt from the CP1 sessions. Linking to the theories of why it works or doesn’t.
• Your reading should be focussed on these concepts, you should review your PowerPoint presentations and reading lists so that you are able to use that knowledge to inform your assignment.
• You are advised to read around the subjects using library sources so that you can demonstrate your knowledge with a wide range of supporting references.
• The discussion board will open after discussion board 3 is complete so that the wealth of resources accumulated over the module will be available to you.
• Communication will be an integral part of this collaborative process and person centred approaches and you should research and use relevant communication theories in your work.
• You should reference person centred care and collaborative working however please do not put large chunks of definitions/quotes in to your work as this does not make your work have criticality and uses the word count unwisely.
• Please make sure you discuss within the essay the importance of collaborative working to promote person centred care re: the title of the essay.
• The final discussion board which is around interprofessional working will assist you in having resources available to assist your learning around these subjects which can inform your final essay.
Assignment Essay Title (2000 words)
With reference to your service user descriptive narrative, discuss the importance of collaborative
working to promote person centred care.
Descriptive Service user Narrative Title (500 words) to be attached as an appendix
Put yourself in the position of a service user using the health and social care services. Imagine how
they may be feeling and what sorts of things they may say or do. Write a narrative about an
experience as if you were them.
Module Code MPLHS1 CLP
Barrett, G., Sellman, D., and Thomas, J. (2005) Interprofessional Working in Health and Social Care:
Professional Perspectives. Palgrave Macmillan
Carnwell, R. and Buchanan, J. (2005) Effective Practice in Health and Social Care. A Partnership
approach. Maidenhead: Open University Press
Charlesworth, J.A. (2003) ‘Managing across professional and agency boundaries’, In: Seden, J and
Reynolds, J. (eds) Managing Care in Practice. Routledge. pp. 139-164
Collyer,H,Helme,M and Jones,I (eds) (2005) The Theory-Practice Relationship in Interprofessional
Education HEA Health Sciences and Practice [online]. Available at:
Crow, J. Smith, L. Jones, S. (2005) Using the Patchwork text as a vehicle for promoting
interprofessional health and social care collaboration in Higher Education. Learning in Health and
Social Care. 4(3) pp.117-128
Day, J. (2006) Interprofessional Working: An essential Guide for Health & Social Care
Professionals. Cheltenham: Nelson Thornes
Day, J. and Wigens, l.(ed)(2007) Interprofessional Working: Expanding Nursing and health
care. Andover: Congage Learning
Engel,J.,Prentice.D. and Mchale,J. ( 2013) ‘ The ethics of interprofessional collaboration’Nursing
Ethics, 2013, Vol.20(4), pp.426-435
Fitzgerald, D and Kay, J. (2008) Working Together in Children’s S
Centre for the Advancement of Interprofessional Education Bulletins
Innovations in Education and Teaching International May 2003 vol.40, no2. The Patchwork Text
Journal of Interprofessional Care
British Journal of Occupational Therapy
Journal of Advanced Nursing
Social Work Today
Department of Health www.doh.gov.uk/nhs.htm
Centre for the Advancement of Interprofessional Education www.caipe.org.uk
Centre for Interprofessional e-learning www.cipel.ac.uk/
This is property of essayprince.org. Log in to access Online Essay Writing Services in Florida
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Essay96.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.