Do nurses need to be graduates?
UNIVERSITY OF SALFORD
COLLEGE OF HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE
SCHOOL OF NURSING, MIDWIFERY & SOCIAL WORK
PRE-REGISTRATION BSC (HONS) NURSING SEPTEMBER 2011 INTAKE
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 1/2 – SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT
DEVELOPING THE EVIDENCE BASE FOR PRACTICE MODULE
40 CREDITS – LEVEL 6
SUBMISSION date: Tuesday 08.04.14
FEEDBACK date: Wednesday 30.04.14
RESUBMISSION date: Tuesday 24.06.14
FEEDBACK date: Tuesday 15.07.13
You are required to write a 6000 word report that critically evaluates the evidence underpinning an area of clinical practice and explore the usefulness of this evidence for practice and your client group. You are expected to develop a clear search strategy and critically appraise the quality of the evidence identified. You need to identify the implications for clinical practice and include ways to disseminate your findings. The work will be marked using Level 6 Grade descriptors. You must support your work with appropriate evidence and adhere to the university guide to referencing which can be found by clicking on the following link https://www.informationliteracy.salford.ac.uk/resources/?resources=ref
Produce a robust report that summarises and critically evaluates relevant current evidence in relation to a clearly identified field-specific nursing topic. You will use the report findings to provide a rationale to support practice or to suggest practice changes. You are expected to include ways to disseminate your findings. You will use clear headings to structure your report (for example background and context, aim of report, search strategy, summary of evidence, quality appraisal, discussion, implications for practice and dissemination plan). The module e-workbook provides additional information about how to structure your report.
Your report should include the following:
• Background and context – identify a field-specific nursing topic and outline the rationale for the choice of topic, highlighting key issues;
• Aim of report – develop a robust and clear question that will help you address the topic;
• Search strategy – outline the search strategy that you used to explore research, and how you will identify user and carer perspectives and clinical experiences relating to your question. Include an example of one of your database searches in an appendix;
• Summary of the evidence – describe the evidence that you have identified and discuss its relevance to your topic;
• Quality appraisal – critically appraise the quality of the identified evidence and any identified ethical issues;
• Discussion – critically evaluate the key findings and outline the implications of the evidence for your chosen client group. Present this section using themed sub-headings.
• Implications from practice – identify gaps in the evidence and suggest ways in which these may be addressed in clinical practice;
• Dissemination plan – formulate a plan to disseminate your findings and consider the effectiveness of your chosen dissemination strategies.
You are advised to refer to the module learning outcomes when considering the direction and scope of your report and to discuss this with your academic supervisor.
The work will be marked using Level 6 Grade descriptors. You must support your work with appropriate evidence and adhere to the university guide to referencing which can be found here https://www.informationliteracy.salford.ac.uk/resources/?resources=ref
You must adhere to the word count which is 6 000 words.
All references to patients, clients, health care organisations, medical / nursing documentation should be anonymised in the work you present for assessment. You should make this clear in the introduction of your work.
Under no circumstances must you identify;
• Patient / client / relative / carer / staff names,
• Name of hospital / PCT / clinical area
• Diagnostic information that has identifiable patient data visible
• Documentation where the patient’s / client’s ID, name, address, etc is clearly visible or can be identified.
• Any documents must be photocopied with the names, addresses, Trust and clinical staff names omitted. DO NOT photocopy documents and then try to omit names etc using corrector or black indelible markers as these can show confidential information once the fluid has dried.
This is in line with NMC (2008) The Code: Standards of conduct, performance and ethics for nurses and midwives
Referencing: Information that is only available via the organisation’s INTRANET must be anonymised and referenced as ‘Local Trust’ e.g. local and unpublished clinical guidelines.
Where the healthcare organisation’s information is in the in the public domain i.e. available via the INTERNET then cite these using the normal conventions.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Essay96.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.