Explain your thoughts regarding nurses achieving higher levels of education
Explain your thoughts regarding nurses achieving higher levels of education and training through an improved education system that promotes seamless academic progression.
The Future of Nursing
Leading Change, Advancing Health
Advising the nation/Improving health
For more information visit www.iom.edu/nursing
Nurses should practice to the full extent of their education and training.•
Nurses should achieve higher levels of education and training through an • improved education system that promotes seamless academic progression.
Nurses should be full partners, with physicians and other health care professionals, • in redesigning health care in the United States.
Effective workforce planning and policy making require better data collection • and an improved information infrastructure.
Recommendation 1: Remove scope-of-practice barriers. Advanced practice registered nurses should be able to practice to the full extent of their education and training. To achieve this goal, the committee recommends the following actions.
For the Congress:
• Expand the Medicare program to include coverage of advanced practice registered nurse services that are within the scope of practice under applicable state law, just as physician services are now covered.
• Amend the Medicare program to authorize advanced practice registered nurses to perform admission assessments, as well as certification of patients for home health care services and for admission to hospice and skilled nursing facilities.
• Extend the increase in Medicaid reimbursement rates for primary care physicians included in the ACA to advanced practice registered nurses providing similar primary care services.
• Limit federal funding for nursing education programs to only those programs in states that have adopted the National Council of State Boards of Nursing Model Nursing Practice Act and Model Nursing Administrative Rules (Article XVIII, Chapter 18).
For state legislatures:
• Reform scope-of-practice regulations to conform to the National Council of State Boards of Nursing Model Nursing Practice Act and Model Nursing Administrative Rules (Article XVIII, Chapter 18).
• Require third-party payers that participate in fee-for-service payment arrangements to pro¬vide direct reimbursement to advanced practice registered nurses who are practicing within their scope of practice under state law. 3 Report Re ommedati o s • Nursing education programs and nursing associations should provide entrepreneurial pro¬fessional development that will enable nurses to initiate programs and businesses that will contribute to improved health and health care. The Future ofNursing
For the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services:
• Amend or clarify the requirements for hospital participation in the Medicare program to ensure that advanced practice registered nurses are eligible for clinical privileges, admitting privileges, and membership on medical staff.
For the Office of Personnel Management:
• Require insurers participating in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program to include coverage of those services of advanced practice registered nurses that are within their scope of practice under applicable state law.
For the Federal Trade Commission and the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice:
• Review existing and proposed state regulations concerning advanced practice registered nurses to identify those that have anticompetitive effects without contributing to the health and safety of the public. States with unduly restrictive regulations should be urged to amend them to allow advanced practice registered nurses to provide care to patients in all circum¬stances in which they are qualified to do so.
Recommendation 2: Expand opportunities for nurses to lead and diffuse collabora¬tive improvement efforts. Private and public funders, health care organizations, nursing educa¬tion programs, and nursing associations should expand opportunities for nurses to lead and manage collaborative efforts with physicians and other members of the health care team to conduct research and to redesign and improve practice environments and health systems. These entities should also provide opportunities for nurses to diffuse successful practices.
To this end:
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Essay96.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.