I’m studying for my Art & Design class and need an explanation.
– For students to be able to identify the way shots have been set up to create a scene or visual sequence that
– Students need to show they understand how elements such as camera angles, shot sizes, camera placement,
production design, character placement and mise-en-scène are used to determine the creative outcome and
effective communication of meaning.
Students are to conduct a Scene Analysis Exercise. They are to choose a scene from a film or program of their
choice, present a reverse storyboard, with sketches, and individual shot descriptions, accompanied by an analysis of
the scene’s meaning as conveyed through visual storytelling.
See the vUWS site Assessment section for additional details, readings and exemplars.
This assignment is to be submitted in 2 parts:
Part 1 – A storyboard of a scene with shot sketches and shot descriptions to explain what is happening within each
shot, and effectiveness of meaning being conveyed. Storyboard lengths will vary depending on the chosen scene,
however, as a guide expect to produce approximately ten pages of storyboard from a 2-3 minute scene. Storyboard
templates are to be found on vUWS in the Assessments Folder, downloaded and used to sketch individual shots and
Once finished, these can be scanned to PDFs, either using the scanner app on the iPad or any other scanner that
you may access.
Part 2 – A written analysis of how the individual shots come together to create an overall sense of meaning, the
student’s rationale or explanation for their choice of scene, with background research articulating the significance of
the film and the scene. (Approx 500 words)
All documents can be collated and converted to PDF, then submitted as outlined below onto vUWS.
Please ensure that pages created in portrait view can be viewed in the collated PDF in portrait view and likewise that pages created in landscape view, such as storyboard pages, are collated in the PDF document
in landscape view.
I have attached some examples.
- Storyboards for Taxi Driver by Scorcese (fairly rough but are pretty well shot for shot in the final film) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvQV21hkMjI
- Terry Gillam on Storyboarding: Part 1 and Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj7P1sczHZo part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtJ5N93Sw8Q
- Storyboards for Time Bandits – http://hollydgilliam.blogspot.com/2012/08/todays-offering-6-august-2012.html
- References Reverse or Backwards Storyboard Exercise (PDF) ( attached)
- Frame illustrations from Focus on Hitchcock, ed. Albert LaValley, 1972
- Sample Storyboard Images from North by Northwest Ch 11 Bordwell & Thompson, Film Art (PDF) https://learn-ap-southeast-2-prod-fleet01-xythos.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/5df059da37b55/1096319?response-cache-control=private%2C%20max-age%3D21600&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%2A%3DUTF-8%27%27Sample%2520Storyboard%2520Images%2520from%2520North%2520by%2520Northwest%2520Ch%252011%2520Bordwell%2520%2526%2520Thompson%252C%2520Film%2520Art.pdf&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20200520T060000Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=21600&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIW5OVFIUOTV36DNA%2F20200520%2Fap-southeast-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=e76365894f74f76bb16d18ecd1259afac2d9b40563e370dd067a501bb99d7d91
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Essay96.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.