MR GEORGE POLARIS, IS A 62-YEAR OLD ITALIAN MAN WHO INITIALLY PRESENTED TO HOSPITAL WITH INCREASED SHORTNESS OF BREATH, FEVER AND A PRODUCTIVE COUGH. HE WAS FIRST TREATED FOR A CHEST INFECTION AND GIVEN IV ANTIBIOTICS.
For this assignment, you are required to choose one (1) client scenario from the two options given
below and address the following criteria:
1. Provide an overview of the chosen client’s chronic condition/illness;
2. Describe two (2) actual and/or potential health concerns for the client;
3. Identify two (2) appropriate topics for client education (one topic for each health concern).
Explain how each topic addresses the actual and/or potential health concern for the client and
how each topic will assist the client to self-manage their chronic condition and optimise their
4. Describe two (2) specific, appropriate client education strategies that the Registered Nurse
would use to teach the chosen education topics (one strategy for each topic). Include details of
how the education will be structured and delivered (i.e. method/tool used, setting for education,
participants to be involved, etc).
5. Justify your choice of education strategies for this particular client.
● Ensure you use a client /patient-centred and/or family-centred approach that optimises
individual self-management and promotes active participation of the individual and family in
● You must support all sections of your essay with scholarly literature from the past 10 years.
Please ensure that your submitted assignment includes:
1. An Assignment Title Page as per the Griffith Health Writing & Referencing Guide.
2. Present your essay, correctly formatted as per the Griffith Health Writing and Referencing
formatting guidelines (e.g. spacing, page number, etc.), AND a correctly formatted reference list
according to APA 6th edition. You do not need to include the marking criteria with your
3. Assemble all pages into one document. Format file is to be MS Word only (.doc) or (.docx).
4. Check that the file you have uploaded has been successfully submitted into the Submission Inbox
and retain a copy of the digital receipt for the final assignment submission.
5. Submit online via the relevant campus specific Turnitin submission point on the course site under
the Assessment tab.
6. For more help with Turnitin Assignment submissions go to: Turnitin
Case Study 1: George Polaris
Mr George Polaris, is a 62-year old Italian man who initially presented to hospital with increased
shortness of breath, fever and a productive cough. He was first treated for a chest infection and given
IV antibiotics. Over the course of his hospitalisation, George underwent a series of respiratory
examinations/tests and was ultimately diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
George also has a history of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD).
George was discharged from hospital and is now being followed up at his local GP clinic. It is
10:00am and you are the Registered Nurse at the clinic initially meeting with George.
He explains to you that he had several episodes of shortness of breath and a cough on exertion over the
last year but he thought he was just getting old and was not able to work hard any more. Prior to his
hospital admission, his shortness of breath was a lot worse. He has also lost several kilograms, and
now weighs 65 kg with a height of 178cms.
George tells you that he works as a labourer in the construction industry and lives with his wife, who
works at the local supermarket. He is a smoker who has smoked 20 cigarettes/day since he was 14
years old. George says he does not drink and has no known allergies.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Essay96.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.