I’m trying to study for my Nursing course and I need some help to understand this question.
Develop and record a 10–15-slide audiovisual presentation to introduce staff personnel to the new or upgraded telehealth technology that was the focus of your previous assessments.
Successful deployment of a new health care technology requires that your team be well trained in its use. Nurse leaders have many options to choose from when considering an effective training strategy, among which is the use of Web conferencing technologies, such as webinars, used to deliver training remotely to a geographically dispersed audience.
This assessment provides an opportunity for you to develop a presentation to introduce staff personnel to the new or upgraded telehealth technology that was the focus of your previous assessments.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate technologies used to gather patient data; inform diagnoses; and enhance care quality, safety, and outcomes.
- Describe the purpose and use of a new or upgraded telehealth technology.
- Explain the potential risks and benefits of a new or upgraded telehealth technology.
- Competency 2: Develop a collaborative technology integration strategy.
- Identify the requirements for successful deployment of a new or upgraded telehealth technology, including appropriate training for providers, patients, and the patients’ families.
- Competency 3: Develop a strategy for managing technology use that enhances patient care and organizational effectiveness.
- Explain how an organization will assess the effectiveness of a new or upgraded telehealth technology.
- Describe the type of ongoing training and technical support that will be available to a nursing staff.
- Competency 4: Promote effective technology use policies that protect patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Address patient confidentiality and privacy safeguards associated with a new or upgraded telehealth technology.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences, in an appropriate form and style, consistent with applicable organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
- Support assertions and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence.
- Develop slides that augment a multimedia presentation.
- Communicate effectively with staff to support the implementation and use of a new or upgraded telehealth technology
Successful deployment of new or upgraded telehealth technology requires that your team be well trained in its use. One key element of your overall training strategy is to orient your staff to the new technology. Consequently, you have decided to develop an orientation webinar, which can be used to deliver the training remotely using Web conferencing technologies.
To prepare for the assessment, you are encouraged to think about how you might use Web conferencing technologies, such as webinars, to deliver training to nursing staff. You may also want to begin thinking about how you will approach the design of your webinar presentation slides.
In addition, you may wish to:
- Review the assessment instructions and scoring guide to ensure that you understand the work you will be asked to complete.
- Review the Guiding Questions: Staff Training Session document, which includes questions to consider and additional guidance on how to successfully complete the assessment.
Note: Remember that you can submit all or a portion of your draft presentation to Smarthinking Tutoring for feedback before you submit the final version for this assessment. If you plan on using this free service, be mindful of the turnaround time of 24–48 hours for receiving feedback.
Audiovisual Equipment Setup and Testing
Because you will make a video recording of your presentation, it is a good idea to check that your recording hardware and software is working properly and that you are familiar with its use.You may use Kaltura Media or other technology of your choice for your video recording.
- If using Kaltura Media, refer to the Using Kaltura tutorial for directions on recording and uploading your video in the courseroom.
You may use Microsoft PowerPoint or other suitable presentation software to create your slides. If you elect to use an application other than PowerPoint, check with your instructor to avoid potential file compatibility issues.
Note: If you require the use of assistive technology or alternative communication methods to participate in this activity, please contact DisabilityServices@capella.edu to request accommodations.
Develop and record an audiovisual presentation for staff personnel to support the implementation and use of the new or upgraded telehealth technology. Create 10–15 slides to support your presentation, including a title slide and a references slide. Ensure that your presentation includes any guidelines and standards developed by your organization for the specific setting or population.
Complete the Vila Health: Preparing for a Staff Training Session simulation, linked in the required resources.
The presentation requirements, outlined below, correspond to the grading criteria in the Staff Training Session Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed. The Guiding Questions: Staff Training Session document, linked in the resources, provides additional considerations that may be helpful in completing your assessment. In addition, be sure to note the requirements below for presentation format and length and for citing supporting evidence.
- Describe the purpose and use of the technology.
- Explain the potential risks and benefits of the technology.
- Identify the requirements for successful deployment of the technology, including appropriate training for providers, patients, and the patients’ families.
- Discuss patient confidentiality and privacy safeguards associated with the technology.
- Explain how the organization will assess the effectiveness of the technology.
- Describe the type of ongoing training and technical support that will be available to the nursing staff.
- Support assertions and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence.
- Develop slides that augment your presentation.
- Communicate effectively with staff to support the implementation and use of the technology.
Presentation Format and Length
Remember, you may use Microsoft PowerPoint or other suitable presentation software to create your slides. If you decide to use an application other than PowerPoint, check with your instructor to avoid potential file compatibility issues.
- Your slide deck should consist of 10–15 slides, including a title slide and a references slide.
- Use the speaker’s notes section of each slide to develop your talking points and cite your sources, as appropriate.
- Cite 3–5 credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications to support your presentation.
- List your sources on the references slide at the end of your presentation.
Upload your audiovisual presentation and attach the presentation slides, with speaker notes, to the assessment area. See Using Kaltura for more information about uploading media. You may submit the assessment only once, so be sure that both assessment deliverables are included before submitting your assessment.
Proofread your presentation before you submit itto minimize errors that could distract readers and make it more difficult for them to focus on the substance of your presentation.
Portfolio Prompt: You may choose to save your presentation to your ePortfolio.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Essay96.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.