I need help with a Philosophy question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Having reviewed the content for this unit, students will make an online submission of their response to one of the assignment questions below. The purpose of this assignment is to assess your familiarity with the central ideas from the Age of Faith to the Age of Reason.
- The number of points possible are listed on the Rubric below.
- Look at the Rubric tio see how your essay is to be evaluated.
- Click the Blue Submit button to begin your essay in the box. When done Click save at the bottom.
- If you are doing a file upload, use (pdf, doc, docx) . If using a Mac, export pages to a PDF file and then click the blue submit assignment button.
- The assignment is to be 2-3 pages in length (approx. 1300 words or 125 lines) using standard 12″ font size with 1.5 spacing.
- You may use bullet lists sparingly for only part of your essay. Any late assignments will receive partial credit and must be turned in before advancing to the next week.
- If you have any problems with submission call the student help line in Canvas from the global menu on the bottom left.
Questions & Prompts
In this comparison/contrast essay, choose one of the following questions to answer. Place one of the bold titles at the top of your essay. The prompts under each question are intended to guide your response.
- Philosophy in the Islamic World: Relying upon Al-Kindi, Al-Farabi, and Avicenna discuss some of the following themes.
- Philosophy vs Theology
- Existence of God (possible or necessary) Existence & Essence
- Emanations & the Active Intellect
- View of the human Soul.
- Anselm & Aquinas on God: Compare and contrast the method and approach taken by Anselm & Aquinas to rationally prove the existence of God. In your reply consider some of the following;
- What is the difference between an Ontological and Cosmological approach?
- How is an a priori form of reasoning different from an a posteriori form of reasoning?
- Aquinas’ argument relies upon reasons and evidence? What is the evidence?
- Anselm proves his point from reason alone. What are his reasons?
- What are some of the rational assumptions that Aquinas relies upon. For example; Is it reasonably compelling to reject an infinite regress? Explain.
- How does the difference between contingency and necessity impact these arguments?
- Is relying upon reason alone a sufficient condition to prove something exist? Explain.
- From Faith to Reason Explain the Medieval view of “The World God Made for Us” as described in the opening chapter From Medieval to Modern Europe. Then consider some of the following:
- What was the accepted view and conception of God, man and nature as expressed in at least one example from Christian and Islamic sources?
- In what specific ways did the Humanism of Erasmus and Pico della Mirandola challenge the older view?
- What were the consequences of the challenges made by Protestant Reformation to the old order and its authority as represented in the works and ideas of Luther and Montaigne?
- How did the Scientific Revolution challenge the older world-view that was grounded in the authority of revelation, faith, and qualitative distinctions?
- What were their new criteria (vocabulary) for authority and the new vision of the world that resulted from the works and ideas of Copernicus and Galileo? Be specific and cite examples that support your position.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Essay96.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.