For this assignment, you are the lead incident commander for a hazardous materials incident similar to those that have been introduced in this course. In this scenario, diisocyanates [toluene diisocyanate (TDI) and methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI)] are being unloaded at the tank farm of HLF Polyurethane Manufacturing. TDI and MDI are used as raw materials in the production of polyurethane. During the unloading process, the vapor return line ruptured and caught fire due to a nearby welding operation that provided the ignition source.
The following actions were initially taken:
- The evacuation alarm was sounded and the facility emergency response team (ERT) was activated.
- The plant manager and the local fire department were notified of the incident.
- The incident command was established at the facility office near the main access gate to the south (this is the furthest distance within the property boundary from the incident location).
- The incident commander implemented actions required under the approved emergency response plan.
- The ERT was not able to immediately isolate the source of the incident.
- The fire department arrived on location and assumed the incident command of the event.
NEED AFFORDABLE ESSAY SERVICES?
USE CODE “GET15” AND ENJOY 15% OFF
Additional Relevant Information:
- The facility encompasses an area measuring 2000 feet by 1400 feet.
- The nearest residential community is located approximately 1000 feet to the northeast.
- A plastic recycling plant is located along the south fence boundary of the refinery.
- A major interstate highway runs directly parallel to the plant.
- The ambient temperature on the day of the incident was 85° F and the wind was blowing at 7 mph from the southwest to the northeast.
- The facility has a trained ERT that can respond to incidents.
Your essay must address the following:
- Identify all hazardous materials involved, their classifications and their physical properties.
- Discuss chemical incompatibility and interactions relevant to this incident.
- Explain how the lead incident commander should respond to this incident based on the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG). Click the link below to access the ERG at the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration website:
ORDER ASSIGNMENT HELP
Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration. (n.d.). Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG). Retrieved from http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/hazmat/library/erg
- Explain the corrective action plan that should be implemented to prevent a reoccurrence of this event.
Your response must be at least one page in length (not counting the cover page or reference page). All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced. Paraphrased and quoted materials must have accompanying in-text and reference citations in APA format
You can hire someone to answer this question! Yes, essay96.com has paper writers dedicated to completing research and summaries, critical thinking tasks, essays, coursework, and other homework tasks. It's fast and safe.