I’m trying to study for my Engineering course and I need some help to understand this question.
Directions: Answer the questions below based on your reading of the “Values, Ethics and Innovation: Rethinking Technological Development in the Fourth Industrial Revolution” issued by the World Economic Forum. Most answers are readily available in the article; however, you should also provide personal, thoughtful analysis of the topics discussed. This may mean that you need to look up unfamiliar terms used in the article and/or refer to external sources for examples and clarification of the points you choose to include in your answers. All external sources, examples etc. must be cited explicitly using MLA format.
1. How do “society and technology develop in tandem, with technologies shaping and embodying societal values,”?
2. Why can we no longer assume that technological and economic progress are automatically aligned with social progress?
3. What are the two most widely held beliefs about technology and how do they both reflect an inadequate understanding of technology’s role in society?
4. What is Collingridge’s dilemma?
5. How has the US responded to this dilemma vs. European countries like the UK?
6. The article uses the example of the automobile as a technology that fundamentally changed
society. It lists many changes, both positive and negative, that the automobile brought to
society but also makes sure to state that “None of these impacts were inevitable”. Why?
7. According to the article, what is the “central question” surrounding technology that a human-
centered approach must always take into consideration?
8. The question of what a meaningful future for mankind might look like could be different for a
variety of people so why can’t we simply let the free market decide what the “majority” of
9. The article claims that, “Despite the tendency to think of technologies as objects or tools, they
inevitably embody the values of their creators,”. Who do we generally think of as the creators of technology? Is there a bias inherent in this type of thinking and/or the reality of who creates technology for whom? How does the article propose to fix this bias?
10. How can inclusion practices help mitigate the potential consequences of “surface assumptions” in creating new technology and/or its uses in society?
11. How is it profitable as well as ethical to adhere to what the article calls “transformative innovation”?
12. What do they mean when they say that the challenge to create a transformative and ethical relationship between technology and society is a “systemic challenge”?
13. How can innovation and the creation of new technologies be compared to having a child?
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Essay96.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.