I need an explanation for this Statistics question to help me study.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the Learning Resources and the media programs related to t tests.
- For additional support, review the Skill Builder: Research Design and Statistical Design and the Skill Builder: Hypothesis Testing for Independent Samples t-test, which you can find by navigating back to your Blackboard Course Home Page. From there, locate the Skill Builder link in the left navigation pane.
- Also, review the t test scenarios found in this week’s Learning Resources and consider the three different approaches of t tests:
- Independent sample t test
- Paired sample t test
- One sample t test
- Based on each of the three research scenarios provided, open the High School Longitudinal Study dataset or the Afrobarometer dataset from this week’s Learning Resources using SPSS software, then choose and run the appropriate t test.
- Once you perform your t test analyses, review Chapter 11 of the Wagner text to understand how to copy and paste your output into your Word document.
For this Assignment:
Write a 2 to 3-paragraph analysis of your t test results for each research scenario and include the SPSS syntax and output. If you are using the Afrobarometer Dataset, report the mean of Q1 (Age). If you are using the HS Long Survey Dataset, report the mean of X1Par1Edu. Do not forget to evaluate if the t test assumptions are met, justify the selection of type of t test, and report the effect size. Based on your results, provide an explanation of what the implications of social change might be.
Use proper APA format, citations, and referencing for your analysis, research questions, and output.
Notes from the instructor: Hi all,
Here is an example of an RQ that would work for t-tests:
RQ: Is there a difference in performance scores (DV) between males and females (IV)?
When writing your hypotheses, remember that you need both a null and alternative hypothesis. The null states that there is no effect. The alternative states that there is an effect. How you write this depends on what type of test you are conducting. If you’re conducting a comparison between groups, this might be an example:
Ha: There is a difference in performance scores (DV) between males and females (IV).
Ho: There is no difference in performance scores (DV) between males and females (IV).
When conducting t-tests, the design that you will be using is typically experimental, quasi-experimental, causal-comparative, etc. Be sure to research these different types of designs so that you understand each one and how they differ from each other.
When reporting t-tests, you want to use APA style like this:
t(df) = xx.xx, p < .xx
Here is an example:
There was a significant effect for gender, t(54) = 5.43, p < .001, with women receiving higher scores than men.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Essay96.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.