Using Stage 1 in Gibbs Reflective Cycle (1998) (as attached), write a descriptive account of a challenging communication encounter with either; patient, family member or professional colleague.
Topic: Assessment 3: Developing Professional Practice paper (using a Gibb�s Reflective Cycle)
Assessment 3: Developing Professional Practice paper (using a Gibb’s Reflective Cycle)
please Note: I am a student nurse in the clinical placement and I should use example from my clinical placement. I should select an example for patient. It is what happened for the patient by using a Gibb’s Reflective Cycle.
(this work for my friend and it should be different work. If you write about A challenging communication interaction associated with the angry OR aggressive patient OR family/care giver, OR health professional.)
Choosing the key issue:
The critical reflective paper provides you with an opportunity to critically examine ONE challenging communication interaction that you were directly involved with in your nursing practice. You are required to choose from ONE of the following themes;
• A challenging communication interaction associated with the angry OR
aggressive patient OR family/care giver, OR health professional.
• A challenging communication interaction associated with death OR dying OR grief (patient OR family/care giver).
• A challenging communication interaction associated with cultural issues (patient OR family care giver).
• A challenging communication interaction (patient OR family/care givers).
Note: You may choose another theme for the reflective paper; however, it must be based on one of the topic areas covered in this subject. If you choose an alternative theme, consultation and agreement prior to writing must be undertaken with the subject instance coordinator (campus coordinator).
The use of personal pronouns such as – ‘I’ can be used in this submission.
1. Using Stage 1 in Gibbs Reflective Cycle (1998) (as attached), write a descriptive account of a challenging communication encounter with either; patient, family member or professional colleague. (250 words)
2. Using Stages 2, 3, 4 & 5 in Gibbs Reflective Cycle (1998), critically reflect on self. The critical reflection must be informed by the literature relating to the key issue in the challenging communication (for example, loss). (650 words)
3. The final section will include the review of the literature on the key issue, for
example loss, to demonstrate your ability to present a realistic application of the
therapeutic use of self. Appropriate literature must be explicit in its application to practice. The following elements must be included in the critical analysis;
Making links to literature when analysing reflective writing will increase the reliability of your opinion. Schön, D. (1983). The reflective practitioner: how professionals think inaction. Great Britain: Ashgate Publishers Ltd. Page 17 of 36
Using Stage 6 in Gibbs Reflective Cycle (1998), (Action Plan – if it arose again
what would you do), critically examine how the key issue in the challenging
communication can be managed to facilitate a therapeutic engagement. For
example, in relation to loss, what have you identified in the literature that supports you practice? The discussion must provide examples of specific communication skills. Relevant models and frameworks should be analysed and contextually applied. Broader issues associated with the challenging communication need to be explored, for example; cultural beliefs, social norms, gender issues, power issues, professional issues, collaboration with other health care professionals, and decisions about determining priorities. (1100 words)
NB: Remember that this is a critical reflection on a challenging communication
encounter from your clinical practice that you were directly involved in, and not an essay on the topic of reflection.
See marking rubric in for details on grading requirements as attached.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE EXPERT ACADEMIC WRITERS?
Answering this question is not essay as it seems. It will require you to research or burn your brain power, write your findings down, edit, proofread severally, and submit unsure of the grade you will get. Essay96.com assignment writers are offering to take care of that. Order your assignment now, relax, submit, and enjoy excellent grades. We guarantee you 100% original answers, timely delivery, and some free products.